Dear readers, today we will talk about what kind of diet is needed in Nordic walking. In this article, you will learn about the foods that you want to include in your diet. Additionally, you can look at the site for two more articles on nutrition issues BEFORE and AFTER the Nordic walking lessons .
A moderate amount of healthy food is best for people involved in Nordic walking. Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole-grain products, low-fat dairy products and lean meats are among the main preferences for those who choose to engage in this type of walking. The information below will help you make your personal diet while practicing Nordic walking.
- Carbohydrates are the most common source of energy and require less water for digestion compared to proteins or fats. They provide valuable and readily available fuel, which makes it necessary to include them in the diet.
- Dairy products play an important role in a healthy diet because of their nutritional value. They help build strong muscles and minimize the possibility of bone fractures. Dairy products produce a secondary source of energy for the body. People with lactose intolerance instead of dairy products are encouraged to include in their diet rich in calcium vegetables, such as spinach.
- Sometimes walking too long can cause muscle rush. Therefore, including in your diet foods rich in protein (meat, poultry, fish), you will help your body in the restoration of torn muscles.
- A healthy diet should include plenty of fresh fruits, rich in vitamins and minerals . Vitamin C , which can be found in oranges and strawberries, boosts your immune system, healthy fibers help reduce the risks of cardiovascular diseases. According to recent research by scientists, the fruits have a positive effect on the brain.
- Vegetables contain little protein and fat. Like fruits, they are also a rich source of a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. A medium portion of vegetables contains enough vitamins and minerals to provide 50% or more of the reference nutrient intake for an adult.
- It is also necessary to drink plenty of water and liquids to avoid dehydration.
To achieve optimal results, try to follow a specific diet that will complement your exercise Nordic walking. Regular Nordic walking and healthy eating will certainly lead you to a healthy and fit body.