Good day, dear readers! According to the authors of the analysis, the number of sperm in men is reduced to alarming levels. So, from 1973 to 2013, it fell by more than 50 percent worldwide, with the most significant decline observed in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. This decrease has reached a level at which men have difficulty fertilizing an egg, that is, less than 40 million / ml. Should we be concerned about the decline in sperm in men?
According to the Honorary Professor of Biological Sciences at the University of Missouri Frederick Zaom, the reduction in the number of sperm cells indicates the “death spiral of infertility in men” and that this decrease is a sign that the destruction of humanity is “a very real possibility if this trend continues.”
Why is sperm count reduced?
Why is there a decrease in the number of sperm and their concentration? Experts believe that modern technologies are largely to blame for this fall. In addition, part of the problem is lifestyle. Among the reasons are:
- The effects on the endocrine system of chemicals contained in certain things with which we come in contact. These include shampoo, deodorants, lotion, soap, food, building materials, household items and many plastic products. Some of these include arsenic, atrazine, bisphenol-A (BPA), dioxin, flame retardants, lead, mercury, organophosphate pesticides, perchlorate and phthalates.
- The effects of radiation from electronic devices and microwave ovens, including the use of a laptop on your lap.
- Obesity .
- Effects of ethinyl estradiol (synthetic sex hormone) through contaminated water, personal care products, herbicides, inorganic products, plastics and other sources.
- Lack of exercise.
- Celiac Disease
- Exposure to heavy metals.
- Alcohol consumption.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- The use of certain drugs (for example, antibiotics, antifungal drugs), chemotherapy.
- The impact of electromagnetic fields.
- Malnutrition and / or food intolerance (omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D are especially important).
- Physical and / or emotional stress.
How to increase male fertility in a natural way ?
Men can increase their fertility and testosterone levels using one or more of the following tips.
Full sleep. Lack ofsleepis associated with lower testosterone levels. Young people who received five hours of sleep per night experienced a decrease in testosterone levels of 10–15 percent. In addition, testosterone levels tend to decline with the age of men.
Include cruciferous vegetables in your diet. Vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, radishes and Chinese bok choy cabbage belong to the class of cruciferous vegetables. They contain indole-3-carbinol, a precursor of diindolylmethane (DIM). This combination of nutrients controls the levels of estradiol, a hormone that can cause a decrease in testosterone levels.
Consider taking supplements. Some natural supplements may help increase testosterone levels. These include beta-sitosterol, branched-chain amino acids, fenugreek, green tea, magnesium, vitamin D and zinc.
To dump fat from a stomach . Abdominal fat is the place where testosterone is converted to estrogen, known as estradiol. If you have excess fat on your stomach, then the chances of reducing testosterone levels increase. By dropping fat from the abdomen, you can observe an increase in testosterone and fertility.
Manage stress . Uncontrolled, chronicstress isaccompanied by a high level of the stress hormone cortisol, which causes the body to lose DHA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which is necessary for the production of testosterone. Therefore, if you have an excess of cortisol, then you will also have a low level of DHEA and a low level of testosterone.
Enjoy sex more often . Men who have higher sexual activity, testosterone levels are maintained normal. Indeed, one study showed that men who regularly hadsexhad increased testosterone levels by 72 percent.
Be socially active . Social isolation is usually equated to high levels of cortisol, which, in turn, is associated with lower testosterone levels. Regular communication with family, friends and the exchange of thoughts and emotions increases the level of oxytocin, which is associated with a sense of belonging and comfort.
In this article, we examined the main reasons for the decrease in the number of spermatozoa and the direction of increasing fertility in men.